Saturday, September 27, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Graham Visitors Center, Washington Park Arboretum
Free parking and admission
Fall is the best time for planting your favorite trees, shrubs and perennials in the Pacific Northwest—so you will not want to miss our fifth annual FallAbundance Plant Sale. The sale is hosted by the dedicated volunteers in our Pat Calvert Greenhouse and Plant Donations Nursery, and your tax-free plant purchases will help raise revenue to support the Arboretum.
What you’ll find at:
- Plant Donations Nursery—a great selection of perennials for sun and shade, including hostas, geraniums, and croscosmia, as well as a fine selection of ornamental grasses.
- Pat Calvert Greenhouse—an excellent selection of young shrubs, including Japanese holly varieties, rhody and azalea varieties, beautyberry, Sarcococca, Hubei mountain ash, and hydrangeas (such as many of the unusual species and varieties highlighted in Nita-Jo Rountree’s article, “A World of Hydrangeas in the Arboretum.”
Discounted plants: The high-quality plants at the Donations Nursery and Pat Calvert Greenhouse are always sold at bargain prices. For our fall sale, there will be an additional 25% discount on all Pat Calvert Greenhouse inventory!
Speciality nurseries: Each year, we invite a small, select group of local specialty nurseries to attend FallAbundance. For the 2014 sale, we will be welcoming:
- Go Natives! Plants perfect for the Pacific Northwest.
- Foliage Gardens: Hardy native and exotic ferns.
- Madrona Nursery: Northwest natives and exotic perennials.
Beguiling Bamboo: We’ll also be selling a wide selection of bamboo and hardy tropical plants, generously donated to the event by Clinton Bamboo.
All proceeds benefit Washington Park Arboretum.
Plants to Donate? If you’re out in your yard over the next week or so, digging and dividing, Plant Donations Nursery would be happy to accept your surplus plants. The nursery will be accepting donations for the sale until September 17. Donations can be made any day of the week; for instructions on how to drop off plants, visit the nursery’s web page.
Interested in volunteering?
If you’d like to help out at this event, please contact our Volunteer Resources Manager Megan Meyer at email@example.com or 206-325-4510.