Annual Arboretum Holiday Sale
Wednesday, December 3, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Graham Visitors Center • Washington Park Arboretum
Free parking and admission
Due to a scheduling conflict at the Graham Visitors Center, we won’t be able to host our regular Gifts & Greens Galore holiday sale this December. In its place, we will be offering a single-day, pared-down—but still awesome—version of the sale. We’re calling it “Gifts Galore,” and it will take place on Wednesday, December 3, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. The sale will feature:
- An expanded selection of nature-inspired gifts in the Arboretum Shop, including seasonal specialty items;
- Holiday décor, including woodland-themed tree ornaments;
- A great selection of gifts from local businesses, such as Red Umbrella Designs, Lucca Paperworks, Honey House Naturals, and Bicycle Soap Company;
- Hand-crafted botanical gift cards from the UW Botanic Gardens herbarium;
- A limited selection of centerpieces and wreaths, hand-crafted by Foundation volunteers;
- Pre-bundled, pre-priced loose greens;
- Advance tickets to our Opening Night Party (online ticket sales begin the day after Gifts Galore);
- A book signing with Donald Olson (6:00 to 7:30 p.m.), author of the new guide The Pacific Northwest Garden Tour (Timber Press, 2014).
Free hot drinks: Shoppers can also warm up with complimentary beverages, including Zoka Arboretum Blend coffee, hot chocolate, and cider.
Make your own wreath: From noon to 3 p.m., educators from UW Botanic Gardens will host a kid- and adult-friendly wreath-making activity during Gifts Galore.
Member discount on gifts: Since this is a weekday event, we’ll be open late to accommodate after-work shoppers. Don’t forget, Foundation members receive 10 percent off all gift shop merchandise!
All sales benefit Washington Park Arboretum. For more information, call 206-325-4510.
Please Donate Your Greens
If you or anyone you know has specialty greens, we would love it if you would share some with us for the sale (especially if you have something with color). Collections will be on the patio of the Graham Visitors Center on Sunday, November 30 and Monday, December 1, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. We will have a self-service drop-off center with easy-to-follow instructions posted on a sandwich board located on the Arboretum Drive side of the patio.
Interested in Volunteering?
If you’d like to help out at this event, please contact our Volunteer Resources Manager Megan Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-325-4510.