Daily, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Graham Visitors Center lobby
Help us support the Washington Park Arboretum by volunteering in the Arboretum Shop! The shop sells a variety of gifts, books, art, jewelry, gardening supplies, and other related merchandise. Sales directly benefit the Foundation.
Since it opened in the 1980s, the shop has been staffed by volunteers. We are looking for volunteers to help as cashiers any day of the week, and particularly on Sundays. Volunteers can work half days or full days. Training and support is provided.
- Opening and closing the shop, counting the money drawer, preparing the deposit at closing, and locking up the shop;
- Ringing up purchases, handling cash, credit cards, and checks;
- Welcoming and helping customers, answering questions as they arise;
- Stocking and tidying shelves and shop area;
- Light administrative work for the Foundation, such as preparing mailings (if time permits).
- Available for at least one shift (3.5 or 7 hours) per month;
- Comfortable in a customer service setting, talking to a range of people about many different topics, including plants, the Arboretum, Seattle, and Shop merchandise;
- Comfortable handling and counting money;
- Willingness to learn a computerized cash register;
- Able to work independently but willing to ask for help if needed.
If you love the Arboretum, come and spend the day here and volunteer!
To volunteer, fill out our online registration form or call 206-325-4510. For more information about the Arboretum Shop or about volunteering at the Arboretum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-325-4510.