2017 Holiday Sale
Saturday, December 2, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Graham Visitors Center, Washington Park Arboretum
Free parking and admission
All sales benefit the Arboretum!
Don’t miss our popular annual holiday sale on December 2. It features a great selection of botanical decorations and nature-inspired gifts, including many local, seasonal specialty items. Buy something for everyone on your list, while helping support maintenance and children’s education at the Arboretum!
- Pre-bundled, fresh-cut loose greens: Donated to the Foundation by area gardeners and Arboretum horticulturists.
- A unique selection of holiday wreaths and centerpieces, hand-crafted by Foundation volunteers.
- Nature-inspired gifts and stocking stuffers: Including locally crafted jewelry, garden decor, and soaps (see below).
- Arboretum honey: From beehives managed by the Puget Sound Beekeepers Association.
- Bird-seed balls, handmade by Foundation volunteers.
- ONP 2018 Tickets: Tickets to our Opening Night Party at the Northwest Flower & Garden Festival will be on sale. They make wonderful holiday gifts for green thumbs!
- Kids games and activities hosted by UW Botanic Gardens educators. Children can make a bird feeder, play a snowball (cotton wool) toss game, finger paint, and more.
- Free hot drinks: Warm up with complimentary beverages, including coffee sponsored by Belle Epicurean, hot chocolate, and cider.
Gifts & Stocking Stuffers
Here’s just a sample of the gifts you’ll find at the sale:
- Garden and Home Décor from Karen Ehart Glass, Sarah Bak Pottery, Elegant Garden Designs, Impwear, Diggit, Koncsek Designs.
- Gifts for kids, such as hand puppets from Folkmanis, Audubon singing plush birds, nature-themed puzzles and sticker books.
- Holiday cards from Crane Creek Graphics, Deuxglass, Words and Watercolors, Constellation and Co.
- Soaps and lotions from Honey House Naturals.
- Artisan tea from Flying Bird Botanicals and Chukar Cherries products
- Scarves from Asian Eye and Kavita Painted Silks.
- Holiday ornaments from Old World Christmas (hand-blown glass birds) and Roost (woolen forest creatures).
- Assorted nature-themed gifts, such as gardening books, adult coloring books, puzzles, posters, and coasters.
Please Donate Clippings!
We will be accepting donations of fresh-cut greens at the Graham Visitors Center from Monday, November 27 through Thursday, November 30, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Drop-off will be at the east entrance of the Big Greenhouse (along the service road leading from the Visitors Center parking lot). Look for the drop-off sign posts or inquire at the front desk in the Visitors Center.
Wish list: Basic greens we’re looking for include Douglas fir, pine, cedar, and spruce. Specialty greens include incense cedar, camellia, mahonia, and red-twig dogwood. Click here for our detailed 2017 wish list. Thank you for donating!
Interested in Volunteering?
Thanks to our generous event sponsors!