2016 Holiday Sale
Free parking and admission
All sales benefit the Arboretum!
Don’t miss our popular annual holiday sale on Saturday, December 3, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. It features a great selection of nature-inspired gifts including many local, seasonal specialty items. You’ll also find a unique selection of botanical decorations. Buy something for everyone on your list this year, while helping support the maintenance and children’s education programs at the Arboretum!
- Pre-bundled, fresh-cut loose greens—donated to the Foundation by area gardeners and Arboretum horticulturists.
- A fabulous selection of unique holiday wreaths, hand-crafted by volunteers from the Lake Washington Garden Club and the Pat Calvert Greenhouse.
- A limited selection of holiday centerpieces, handmade by Foundation volunteers and staff.
- Nature-inspired gifts and stocking stuffers: Including locally crafted jewelry, clothing, garden decor, and soaps. (See below.)
- Arboretum honey: From the beehives near the Visitors Center, managed by the Puget Sound Beekeepers Association.
- Bird-seed balls, handcrafted by Arboretum Foundation volunteer Unit 79.
- Book signing: With local plant guru Arthur Lee Jacobson, who will sign copies of his renowned books: Trees of Seattle, Trees of Green Lake, and Wild Plants of Greater Seattle. All three books will be available in our gift shop.
- ONP 2017 Tickets: Tickets to our Opening Night Party at the Northwest Flower & Garden Show will go on sale during Gifts & Greens Galore. They make wonderful holiday gifts for green thumbs and anyone who loves the Arboretum!
- Free hot drinks: warm up with complimentary beverages, including Zoka Arboretum Blend coffee, hot chocolate, and cider.
Following are some of the great gifts you’ll find at the sale:
- Jewelry: Including Krista Tranquilla Studio, Michael Michaud, Made From Books, and Encanto (fair trade).
- Clothing: Including socks from KBell and Peony and Moss, and scarves from Flowering Fibers and Kavita.
- Home/Garden Decor: Including tea sets from Kotobuki, blown-glass dishes from Karen Ehart, carved wooden candle holders from Koncsek Designs, and garden ornaments from Elegant Garden Design.
- Soap/Skincare: Including from Honey House Naturals and Plum Blossom Farm.
- Holiday cards: Including stationery from Seattle’s Constellation & Co., Whidbey Island’s Deuxglass, and Crane Creek Graphics.
- Specialty teas: Organic, fair trade teas and more from Flying Bird Botanicals.
- Kids toys: Puppets and stuffed animals from from Folkmanis and Cate & Levi
Please Donate Clippings!
We will be accepting donations of fresh-cut greens at the Graham Visitors Center from Monday, November 28 through Thursday, December 1, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Drop-off will be at the east entrance of the Big Greenhouse (along the service road leading from the Visitors Center parking lot). Look for the drop-off sign posts or inquire at the front desk in the Visitors Center.
Wish list: Basic greens we’re looking for include Douglas fir, pine, cedar, and spruce. Specialty greens include incense cedar, camellia, mahonia, and red-twig dogwood. Thank you for donating!
Interested in Volunteering?
If you’d like to help out at this event, please see our volunteer opportunities at Signup.com. For questions, call 206-325-45410 or email email@example.com.