Enjoy a ribbon-cutting, live music, free snacks, food trucks, and fun activities all along the 2-mile loop.
Download the EVENT PROGRAM MAP (PDF, 0.5 MB)
- 1 p.m. “Vine-cutting” ceremony at the Birch Parking Lot (Lake WA Blvd & E Interlaken Ave), adjacent the Loop Trail
- A performance by the Husky Marching Band Drumline, starting at 12:50 p.m. in the Birch Parking Lot
- Educational activities for kids hosted by UW Botanic Gardens, plus the opportunity to learn about field trips, camps, and more!
- Stroller and bike decoration station
- Activity nodes at various locations around the Loop
- Live music from Gansango, with Etienne Cakpo (Benin), Marc Smason & One Love (New Orleans), and Evan McPherson (classical guitar)
- Food trucks: 314 Pie, Lil J’s Super Dawgs, Thai-U-Up
- Book signing with outdoors writer and guidebook author Craig Romano (Graham Visitors Center, 12:15–12:30 p.m., 1:45–2:00 p.m.)
- Loop-Trail-themed photo contest
- Free snacks, artists-at-work, and more!
Sally Clark, UW Director of Regional and Community Relations
Mike Fong, Seattle Deputy Mayor
Dan Brown, Director, UW School of Environmental and Forest Sciences
Christopher Williams, Interim Superintendent, Seattle Parks and Recreation
Sherrey Luetjen, President, Board of Directors, Arboretum Foundation
Parking and Directions
Parking at the Arboretum will be very limited during the Loop Trail event. Please consider coming by bike, foot, or public transportation.
If you’d like to help out at the Loop Trail event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to Our Sponsors!
Background on the Loop Trail
Construction of the Arboretum Loop Trail started on March 28, 2016 and was funded by mitigation for the SR 520 Bridge rebuild. The new trail improves visitor access to Seattle’s flagship public garden. Sign up to receive regular project updates and notifications at LoopTrail.seattle.gov.
In the media:
- Take a stroll along the new Washington Park Arboretum trail (Seattle Magazine, March 2018)
- Seattle Arboretum Loop Trail opens new vistas, opportunities (Seattle Times, cover story, February 21, 2018)
- Arboretum Loop Trail grand opening in April (Madison Park Times, April 2018)
- Washington Park Arboretum’s new trail to reveal hidden treasures (Seattle Times, cover story, May 5, 2016)
- New trail for Washington Park Arboretum to mitigate SR-520 construction (KPLU, April 25, 2016)
- Arboretum trail project underway, will expand public access (UW Daily, March 25, 2016)
Arboretum Foundation blog:
Loop Trail now open! (Posted November 10, 2017)
Bulletin article: For an indepth look at the design of the trail, see our article from the spring 2015 Arboretum Bulletin.